I'v read about it

And it happened to me today. The windshield on my 03 WRX cracked while it was siting in the driveway. Seems to have started on the top of the drivers side from under the metal strip on top down about 6" then across about 6". No signs of impact... I still have 10k left on my warrenty, i hope thats covered.

Reply to
Mike

They might believe you, they wont believe me on this one..... It happens more than it should.

Reply to
Bob's Backfire Burrito

Did you bring yours in to be looked at ?

Reply to
Mike

Windshield breakage is typically covered quite generously in many states, by your auto insuror.

Reply to
CompUser

Do not use your auto insurance. I used to have $0 deductible. Driving

40k/year in LA I went through 3 windshields in 1 year. With the third my insurer up my deductible to $250 for having excessive claims. When it came time get windshield no. 4, I got smart and called up the auto glass guy ask how much for a new windshield. I was quoted $249. The glass guy told me they pretty much have to charge that because the insurance companies don't like to cover auto glass.
Reply to
Ed