Door/Windshield Problems

I hope someone here can give me some ensight on my problem. Several months ago a rock cracked the windshield in my 67 beetle. I decided that since I was going to change the windshield anyway I should replace the seal and the chrome insert as well. It took some time to get the insert but once it arrived I had the windshield replaced immediately.

When I picked the car up from ACE Autoglass I noticed the doors did not close properly. They are properly aligned, but it takes quite a bit of effort to rotate the doors on their hinges(especially the passenger door). I thought the doors might eventually "loosen" up, but it has been about 10 months and no change.

Any ideas whats happened here? Is it serious??

To make things worse, I went to the store today to buy some boiled peanuts and 3 lottery tickets. Guess what happened on the way home.....Another rock !! This one hit square just to the left of the steering wheel. It nearly penetrated the glass. What an awful frustrating feeling. Now that I have to replace the windshield again do I necesarily have to replace the rubber seal? It does not seem to be damaged from today's event.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Reply to
Mark

For what it's worth, I "recycled" the seal twice on my old '67 back in HS. Never had a leaky window.

Reply to
KWW