Impreza side air bags ?

I'm Looking at 07' Sube Impreza's, and am not crazy about the seat fit, and thought about using Ford Mustang/Recaro seats I have, that have all kinds of adjustments, and are more comfortable. Was searching how I Might be able to switch the side air bags to the Mustang seats, and read in a shop manual , that they Can't be replaced on the Sube seats, and the Sube "Seat Assembly" Must be replaced. I figure they might mean If they were activated in an accident, and looks like the upholstery would get torn up, or that they are welded to the seat back frame, or Sube doesn't want Anyone, even service mechanics fooling with them. Anyone have them activated, or been Inside a seat back with the side air bags ?

It would be nice to have the side bags even if I switched seats, though it doesn't seem like an easy thing to do, and they have to be prevented from activating while working on them, which the manual mentions, but I haven't figured out how to yet, but the Mustang/Recaro seats are SO nice, with thigh length extensions, side thigh, and lumbar adjustments. The trick might be mounting them, and keeping the seat height adjuster from the Sube seats.

VF

Reply to
houndman