Inaccurate Fuel Gauge

Hi all,

I live in Australia and have a 2000 Liberty/Legacy that has inaccurate fuel gauge readings. Will not read full, even though the tank is full, and the readings vary all over the place.

Looking thru the newsgroup this seems to be a common problem in 1995 -

1997 models. But, I see no mention of this problem in later models.

Can anyone confirm that the fixes (fuel sensor wipers in the tank need cleaning) mentioned for the earlier models applies to the later models as well. Or, is this a different issue.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Hines

Greg

Is your car a normal Lib, or a Turbo variant??

I don't have an answer for your question.... I'm just curious what you have

PS: Brisbane here.....

anon

92 RS Turbo Liberty AWD Sedan Manual 2.0T 85 Leone FWD Sedan Manual 1.8 01 Liberty AWD Wagon Manual 2.0 *** Dreams *** 04/05 Liberty GT AWD Wag> Hi all,
Reply to
anon

If that year of Legacy is like an Impreza, it should be easy to check. I can get to my fuel pump by pulling out the bottom of the rear seat. You should be able to access the sending unit there as well. I have a '96 Impreza.

You might try some injector cleaner also to see if that would be enough to clean the sensor wipers.

Henry

Reply to
oothlagre

Unfortunately just a normal Lib.