Installing 6 CD Player

How hard is it to install the 6 CD In Dash Player in the Baja?

Reply to
Bob or Lynda Del Monte

On my Outback it was pretty easy, so I assume the Baja would be similar (isn't the Baja on the Legacy platform?). I think if you search around somewhere online you can find directions. On my Outback, here's the procedure in brief (from memory):

  1. Genly pry off the trim plate around the shifter. Should be held on only by press-fit fasteners.
  2. Unscrew two phillips head screws holding the cigarette light and ashtray housing in place. You must remove the ashtray to get access to the screws, which are oriented vertically and (to me) are the hardest part of the entire process.
  3. Gently pry out the radio trimplate, again held only by pressure fasteners.
  4. Remove the obvious screws holding the radio assembly in the dash.

Are you putting in the add-on 6-disc changer, or the 6-disc am/fm head unit? I picked up a 6-disc cd, cassette, am/fm Subaru unit on Ebay (from a WRX) for around $150, a lot cheaper than getting the dealer-supplied add-on unit.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Wasson