is subaru capable of cross-country?

My previous vehicules was a 96 4x4 Grand Cherokee. 2 solid Axle part or Full time 4x4 and low.

Im now driving a 98 OW. I find the Subaru to have not enough torque. Or maybe it's just because of the AWD always on that create that feeling...

I can't wait to drive it in the snow but i would avoid where i was going with my Jeep.Fire roads, rocks, wood log road.

Pat

"JaySee" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Patrick

The first Subaru I was a passenger in was a 4 wheel drive wagon (not sure that allwheel drive was available back then). The driver took me part of the way between Kuala Banka and Miri [look it up!]in the early

80's. The road (very loosely speaking) was partly in the forest and mostly a coast road (fine sand and sand dunes). The only reason it was "part of the way" was the Subi was not amphibious and we had to stop at the river. Hell yes! the Subaru is capable of cross country. Have had 5 Subis since then but never have had a drive like that again.
Reply to
John Gibson

Much of that 90% driver capability is the driver's decision as to where he CAN and where he CAN'T take the vehicle.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Sharpe

So true. Here we have a definition of when vehicles get stuck in snow. The 2WD gets dug out and perhaps a short tow. A 4WD needs a crane to extract it.

Reply to
Someone HateSpam