Keyless entry upgrade

Got a 97 Legacy Outback.

Anyone knows where the relay for the power door lock is? Is it easy to replace with a keyless, operated relay?

Reply to
VLH

I put the OEM kit in my 97 Impreza. Doing so required changing the driver's door switch with a powered actuator. The driver's door is NOT powered. If you have a lock/unlock button, and it locks the driver's door you should be OK. If you do not have a button, lock or unlock the passenger door, if the driver's door works, again you're OK. If you have to manually lock/unlock the driver's door, you probably need to do what I did. Get the factory kit. It's a cleaner install. Plug and play. I used to install car accessories and thought I could do it myself. Putting in an aftermarket actuator would have proved VERY hard.

Should be part #H7110FS101, check with your dealer to be certain.

Shamus

Reply to
Shamus in CO