Knock sensor

Hi, Trying to locate a knock sensor on 2000 Impreza RS.

2.5 liter engine. Can some one give me a pointer? Never replaced one B4. TIA,
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Tony, just did this about 3 weeks ago on ours. It is located on the driver's side of the engine, top side, between the branches of the intake manifold. There is a picture here -

You need an extension for the ratchet - about 1.5 inches, to get above the engine block but below the throttle cables. Ours was REALLY tight, had to use some PB-Blaster on it to loosen it, even then took some good arm strength. Do you have the P0325 code? I was told that you should only replace this with the OEM Subaru part.

Dan D '99 Impreza RS2.5 (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Hi, Thanks. I ordered Japanese OEM parts and located it. The fault comes and goes. Time to replace I guess. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang