Melted block/Knock sensor, '97 Legacy 2.2

I may be able to get the use of a lift (floor lift, that is), but not for

> a long time. How long would it take a novice to do this? > > Um, where's the knock sensor? Does it look like a Toyota knock sensor?

knock sensor: On the block above the starter and below the throttle body, near the center of the block but towards the drivers side. A black round sensor with wires and a bolt dead cennter through it. should look in shape like one of those small peanutbutter cups. if it has a rounded look on the top edges, its and the block is done.

Finally got around to cracking the hood and battling the spiders, can't see it. Any more hints as to where to look? Things look OK, but I can't seem to find this sensor...

Reply to
Hachiroku