Lights stay on

I have a strange problem with my 1998 Legacy. When I turn off the contact and remove the keys the lights stay on. Is this familiar to anyone? Is there an easy fix? It happened when there was a very rainy day in between frost periods. But it didn't go away, even after several hours of driving and after another day above freezing.

For now I solved it by removing one of the battery clamps when parked, but that isn't very convenient.

Reply to
mare

Gilles Gour

If you're refering to the parking lights being "on" check the little rocker switch on top of your steering column.

- Remove 123 to reply directly

Reply to
SnatchCritic

Duh.

Thanks. I always thought that switch had the same function as the alarm lights switch. And someone else drove my car recently and apparently used that switch. I see it's a FAQ, sorry to have bothered you.

PS I have a manual, I even have read it, but it's in french and I can't do a computerized search in it.

Reply to
mare