Michelin Symethry tires

My buddy has a 04 Subaru, after his original tires wore out, he went to a tire dealer here in the NE and they recommended Michelin Symethry tires, to make this brief, they are showing wear at 12,000 miles, and I think they are to have a 65K mile rating, he took the car back and they said they could prorate them towards another set, the price was ridiculous, looking for some tire recommendations that he will get much better tire wear

Chet

Reply to
Chet

Don't buy the marquee name brands (Bridgestone, Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear, etc.), and see what the other brands offer, like B.F. Goodrich, Cooper, Mastercraft, which often are just as good for

1/4-1/3 less money. We put Yokohama Avid TRZs on the 99OBW this past December, and they're fine. The B.F.Goodrich all-seasons I had on my Audi (also new in November) were also fine. I like H-rated tires and will spend $100 per tire, and that's what these cost, including road hazard warranty.
Reply to
KLS

I like yokohamas the most, no longer available in the size I use. Trying the Kumhos Ecsta ASX now, happy with them so far, at 50 bucks for V rated tires, cannot complain.

Michel> My buddy has a 04 Subaru, after his original tires wore out, he went to

Reply to
AS

Hi, I buy tires at Costco. Liefe time rotation, repair, fills with Nitrogen gas. Price is [pretty good for Michelins.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

FWIW, the Michelin Symmetry is rated at 560AB.

Be sure to check where the tires are made. The DOT number on the side of the tire is coded as to location of manufacture, and production date. DOT XX WWYY etc. The XX tells you where the tire was made and the factory name. WW is the week and YY is the year of production.

This site lists all of the DOT production codes:

There are still plenty of tires made in mainland China that leave a lot to be desired, not to mention a lot of old tires that may be well on their way to dry rot.

Reply to
QX