Mobil 1 0W-40 in a 2004 WRX

Thought of doing it. I heard something about the possibility that Mobil has gone to different base lubes in their North American offerings, save their 0W-40. I also tend to go a bit longer than severe intervals along with most short trip driving in cold temps.

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, although I may go into the mountains. I don't know if this interval is going to extend into the winter months when I might visit Lake Tahoe or Yosemite.

I figure this should be OK. I hear Subaru uses 5W-40 oils in the UK for the same engines.

Reply to
y_p_w

Also take a look at the Synth Rotella in 5-40.

You might like reading the forums at

, And see if there are pertinent used oil analyses (UOA) on the oils your interestd in - maybe even in shaky town!

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

(in spite it is heavy duty diesel engine) I use it in both 2.5 Outback and Impreza (non turbo) and my Yamaha FZ-1. Changed it like 10 times (all together) every 3K miles in bike and 5K miles in cars.

Reply to
alf