Mounting 6 disc stacker?

Does anybody have any instructions/information on how to mount the Clarion 6 disc stacker under the front pasanger seat? Which is from what I've read is where Subaru usually mounts the unit. As to not loose any boot space.

Greg

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

Forgot to mention. car is Subaru Forester 2.5x

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

Found out that you need to use a Av Mounting Tray to install the stacker units in Subarus. Just wondering how much these items cost and if there available for my car a Subaru Foreste?.

I tried calling a few Subaru dealers but there were not fairly helpful. They either didn't have a clue what I was after or the bracket they did have was for ather model subarus and were unsure weather they would suit my model. They were frightfully expensive. Is trhere a 3rd party alternative mounting bracket available?.

Also is the bracket universal across all models of Subaru? or do different models require differnt brackets?

Reply to
Gregory Kleverlaan

I'm not sure what an Av Mounting Tray is but I installed a Sony 10CD (+MP3) Changer under the front passenger seat of my 1996 Legacy wagon. All I did was :

-mark the place to put the changer with the seat in the usual position (ie so you can't see it from the outside)

-remove the seat (easy, 4 bolts)

-put the changer on the marked spot you want it, mark the bolt holes on the carpet (this Sony changer came with self-tapping metal screws)

-cut the carpet a cm around the bolt holes - carpet+underlayer is too thick for the lengths of the screws

-drill pilot holes thru the floor pan with a drill with a carbide bit (do 2 at a time) - the pan isn't very thick, you'll go thru - make sure you're not near any wire or cable or anything under the carpet or bottom of the pan - nothing near there in my Legacy

-screw the changer down with the metal screws into the pan...be sure to cover the screw tips/holes on the underside of the pan with sealant so you don't get any rust coming thru

-route the wires (usually 2) from the changer, under the door frame bottom trim (pry it up carefully, there's a nice space under there for wires), behind the passenger side kick panel (to the right of where your feet are) and up behind the glove box (I used those zip ties to tie the wires to some metal bars back there) and then into the back of your head unit (your indash stereo). It requires you to remove the center dash panel to get the stereo out..... I've read some people don't bother with the screwing the changer down, they just use big wide strips of industrial velcro to do it.....

hope it helps - here's some useful links too..... pk

Paul Kowalski

use velcro tape, and velcro it to the carpet....

Reply to
Andrew Morris

Reply to
Bryan Lee