MY02 Liberty B4 ECU Flash

I am seeking comments or suggestions from anyone with experience accessing (hacking) the electronic control unit (ECU) on the Australian MY02 Liberty B4 Twin Turbo.

Reply to
ericlund

you might get more response if you post up on

Its a central site that pretty much specializes with the Legacy.

Reply to
joshj808

Reply to
George

The LEGACY is the US version of the LIBERTY but with the 2.5 engine and some other small changes. That site also has information and an area for Australian members too. Did you even go there to check it out? I bet you might get a bit further in your search that posting in a newsgroup. Just trying to help out a fellow Subie owner.

Reply to
joshj808

I'm already assuming you posted you question in the AUS.CARS newsgroup, right?

Reply to
joshj808

Dug up this thread on a subie site:

A friend of mine also said that there is a company in Ontario Canada named Japanese Automotive that might be able to help you. I tried to get to their site but had problems with the page loading. Here is the website:

joshj808

Oops! My bad. You sure that the Liberty isn't the Ausi version of the Legacy? ;-)

You're right, I'm no help.

joshj808 wrote:

Reply to
George

Naw, Subaru sells the Liberty/Legacy in the US but they stuck the 2.5 engine in it for the US, In Japan it is the Legacy but it has the 2.0 engine. Different areas/countries seemed to have gotten different trim levels but the basic platform is the same.

Reply to
joshj808