New STi looks good...

I might need to buy one... Question is, what colour?

Ross

Reply to
Ross

they changed the link?

Ross

Tryn this URL

I reposted it but i think it failed...

Ross

In message , Ross writes

Looks pig ugly to me but I suppose you are paying for the performance and not the looks.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Looks better than most new cars! I know its not the same class but I was behind a new Golf the other day and thought at first it was yet another fat people carrier. Made my Mk2 look corgi sized. Bloody ugly as sin from behind.

Reply to
kavna

I am not that thrilled with the outside looks, especially the big front duct on the hood but it's interior is great and the performance is wonderful. I much prefer the way the Evo looks and definitely the Evo's steering ratio (closest thing to a go-kart on the street), but Mitsu's in trouble and the resale on the Evo's is crap. When I worked for Mitsu as a sales rep the near-daily bulletins about which group of parts would be auto-denied on warranties became a joke. As much as I like the Evo, I just couldn't bring myself to buy one right now. The STi is virtually equal in every way of performance and with a better interior to boot.

I'm hoping to acquire one soon and it will be in something close to a gunmetal grey (forget the exact color) or the traditional racing blue. Yes, it will see autocrosses and track events when I can make them. :)

Reply to
DragonRider

Was just in the dealership... He bashed out a great deal on the 04MY Sti as he needs to clear space for the 05s comming in at the end of the month. Im £1500 cheaper on the 04 as opposed to the 05. Plus hes giving me a few other bits and bobs.

Test drive on Saturday and possibly baaabye to my wrx!!!

Ross

"ADODB.Field error '80020009'"

Reply to
-=Dan=- ©

links are still dead, but is it this one on the front page of..

? looks good -ish. I love the nose (at last - took them long enough!!) but I don't like the c-pillar/roofline/arse. It needs a Skyline R34 GTR back end on it.

Reply to
Carl Farrington

Love the silver!

Some pics here for a few days: (1MB)

Cheers, Jason (remove ... to reply) Video & Gaming:

Gadgets

hmmm. There's still so much more that I don't like, than there is that I do like. Basically, from the side it looks like a very poor third-world country attempt at modern-day saloon car.

As has already been said though, you wouldn't be buying this car for its looks.

Reply to
Carl Farrington

This is the same car we've had in the US since late 2003 as an 2004 model.

It's quite ugly. The 2002-2003 "Bug eyes" look much better and have a smoother integrated hood scoop. Supposed this design increases aerodynamics and cooling.

There are pics >Ross wrote:

Reply to
JaySee

The STi is a fine car, but it's not a BMW. Please, ensure that you post information or opinions on BMWs only in this newsgroup.

Reply to
Andrew Thomas

It was originally posted to uk.rec.cars.misc and alt.autos.subaru BMW never came into the equation.

See headers...

08:28:30 GMT) X-Complaints-To: snipped-for-privacy@demon.net NNTP-Posting-Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:28:30 +0000 (UTC) X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.2180 X-Priority: 3 X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.2180 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal Xref: news.demon.co.uk uk.rec.cars.misc:67230 alt.autos.subaru:47183

Ross

Reply to
Ross

Woosh!

Reply to
Séan Connolly

yep.. that one went right over didn't it!!! :D

Reply to
Carl Farrington

In message , Séan Connolly writes

Mind you, it took a while for the penny to drop for me.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

The BMW group is a fine forum, but it isn't either of the ones to which the message was posted. Please ensure that you keep your BMW snobbery out of this newsgroup.

- Greg

Reply to
Ignignokt

Similar, but not the same eh?

Here's another concept...

Impreza WRX STi engineering changes The DCCD allows the driver to control torque distribution - once a position is manually selected, the automatic All-Wheel Drive function is over-ridden and torque split is dictated by the driver. The DCCD can be adjusted from 50:50 up to a maximum of 35:65 torque split (front:rear). When in automatic mode, the DCCD uses input from a yaw rate sensor that ensures optimum torque split when cornering. A new front helical limited slip differential is added too. To reduce kickback through the steering column, damper valves are added to the STi. The rear differential cushion spring rate is increased, improving handling stability. The STi's front suspension bracket housing is strengthened to enhance strut firmness and accommodate the wider 8JJ eight-inch wide wheels. Front and rear suspension links are now aluminium. Steering firmness is improved in both Impreza WRX and STi, with introduction of a "cannon mount" steering rack housing. Increased diameter front and rear sway bars are added and, in addition to the refined suspension geometry, this produces more stable cornering, while maintaining high speed stability. A unique wheel mounting and bearing design produces optimum strength and stability between axle and wheel, raising the cornering threshold. Impreza WRX Inverted suspension is introduced, producing improved suspension stability, while the use of aluminium in some suspension components reduces the unsprung weight. The five-speed manual transmission features a double synchronizer cone on first gear, improving shift quality. Interior A new aluminium-look centre console design enhances cabin ergonomics, including air conditioning control. The front cup holder is relocated next to the hand brake lever. All Imprezas other than dual range variants now have two front cup holders. Three-spoke steering wheels are now a feature of all Imprezas, while the diameter is reduced for all naturally aspirated and WRX variants. On the windscreen, ceramic dots are added in the top centre, reducing sun glare in the gap between visors. Engineering Brake hoses are changed to a lower expansion design, producing a firmer feel. Brake booster thickness is also increased for better brake feeling.