No electrical power - please help!!!

Hey dude - looks like you started quite the ruckus here, and I confess I was too bored to actually read all of the posted replies. I hope you have had some luck, but in case not I wanted to add my 2 humble cents.

It is only this - one time someone tried to break into and hotwire my

1986 Honda Accord. I found it the next morning in front of my house, and after putting the ashtray back and the steering column cover, etc, I found the car wouldn't start - totally dead, y'know. So, after puzzling over it for several hours I looked up the electrical diagrams and found a small, inexplicable fuse in the middle of the wiring from the battery to the starter. It turned out to be an anti-theft device that would short if someone crossed the wrong wires. Pretty sweet move, Honda. Now, this may not apply IN THE SLIGHTEST to your situation, but I thought it was worth mentioning since you are obviously an intelligent person and have been trying to figure out why your car won't start. I don't know your model or the year-by-year history of specail features on Subarus, but I thought this might illustrate a point. Have you followed the electrical line all the way through? Checked every point between the components? You never know what happened when you were gone, so I thought it might be worth saying.

Good luck.

othello blum wrote:

Reply to
othelloperrello

[...]