No electrical power at all

My brother has my 93 Ford Ranger. He went to work fine and when he went to leave, the truck had no power at all...nothing. He had someone give him a jump as he thought it was the battery being drained. Well apparently, when they hooked it up(turns out is was a portable booster jumper and not a car to car jump). Well he said that that didnt work. He said it didnt even give him a spark. We took the battery out and took it to the autostore to have it tested. It tested as a good battery. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am thinking maybe it might be the fuse in the power box under the hood. I guess a second option is a bad battery cable. I really know nothing about car repairs but these are just basic things that I think may be wrong. If anyone else has any suggestions please post them for me. I loaned him my truck because his car was down.....Now the truck is down.

Help please,

TIA RWF

Reply to
RedWingFan
  1. Clean battery to cable connections.
  2. Clean Cable to ground and cable to solenoid connections
Reply to
bomar

Check the 2 or 3 wires comming off the starter solenoid which feeds the entire system and see that they clean and tight. also they may be fusable links you can tug on them and if they give any they are probably bad but an ohm meter will tell the tale. It sounds like you have a open in one of these main lines that feeds the entire system.

Reply to
fredzo