97 Malibu - no electrical power

IHA 1997 Malibu. there is no power to the car at all. The dome lights do not even come on when the door opened. It is as if there is not even a battery installed. I put in a new battery but wiht the same results. The previous day it was running fine. The next morning, when the key was turned, I heard the click of the circuit in the egnition engage, but nothing else. When tunred again, not even the click happened.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
scotward

Shep

Bad battery.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

"" wrote: > scotward wrote: > > > > IHA 1997 Malibu. there is no power to the car at all. The > dome lights > > do not even come on when the door opened. It is as if there > is not > > even a battery installed. I put in a new battery but wiht > the same > > results. The previous day it was running fine. The next > morning, when > > the key was turned, I heard the click of the circuit in the > egnition > > engage, but nothing else. When tunred again, not even the > click > > happened. > > Bad battery.

Thanks for the reply. Bad battery? Close. Upon further inspection I noticed the threads on the positive battery cable were corroded. Once cleaned up, everything worked perfectly. Figures, I immediately go for brain surgery when it only needed a bandage.

Thanks again for the reply. Had you not suggested the battery I would have not inspected the connections more closely.

Scot

Reply to
scotward