No taillights in '95 Legacy wagon

Neither tail light works on my '95 Legacy wagon. To make a long story short, I searched this newsgroup and found a thread describing an identical problem last September - bulbs are okay, and when the brake pedal is depressed BOTH filaments in the bulbs light up. The answer was that this indicates a bad ground. But that doesn't tell me where to look or what to do about it. Any advice out there? I'm planning to take it to my mechanic on Monday, but if it's a simple fix, I'd be real happy to fix it this weekend.

Thanks for any advice.

Zelda

Reply to
zelda