Oil leak in spark plug well

'00 OBW 2.5L auto w116K. I have oil leaking into the right-front plug wells. I haven't pulled the valve cover but is this simply an o-ring type gasket is it it much more involved?

Reply to
John

I don't know the details but I had the dreaded oil in plug well issue too. They were redoing the head gasket at the time as well, so it was rolled into rebuilding the heads.

Just wanted to add that this valve cover gasket thang seems to be common with our engine.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Yep, valve cover gasket was the problem and solution to my 03 Legacy Wagon with the same symptom.

WayneS

Reply to
WayneS