Outback AC under load

When my 2002 Outback is under load from passengers or cargo the AC stops working. It doesn't come back on until the car is driven at very slow speeds of stopped. I suspect that there is bad sensor. Does anyone know what controls this behavior?

Reply to
Sjnasca

Have you had the AC serviced ever? If not, toss $100 at that (because of refrigerant handling and licensure it's just not worth dealing with this crapyourself), and if you still have a problem, then continue hunting.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

The AC is cold when it is working so I didn't think that it was a refrigerant issue. I do agree that it's worth $100 to try. I suspect that the alternatives are much more expensive.

Reply to
Sjnasca

Hi,

The manual for my 03 Subie Forester states that the A/C will cut out under heavy vehicle load conditions. e.g. fully loaded and hard acceleration or a steep hill.

Reply to
Marcus