Outside Air Temp Sensor failure?

My '05 Outback is constantly displaying 73 degrees as the outside air temperature, no matter how HOT or cool it actually is.

Is the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor the same one that is used to display the outside air temperature? If so, I'm guessing that it was probably messed up during my 30k service and should be covered under the longer emissions warranty. If not, where is the outside temp sensor located?

Thanks!

-Rex

Reply to
Rex Kerr

No it's a separate sensor. I believe it is located up front ahead of the radiator. This doesn't sound like the sensor is NG however, if it were disconnected the temp would read very low and if it were shorted the temp would read very high In any case if this only happened since you had it serviced just take it back and make them fix it. FYI the emission warranty to 8/80 only covers the catalytic converter(s) and ECU, not the sensors and other components.

Reply to
mulder