Ambient air temp

Does anyone know where the ambient air temperature sensor is located? My new Buick's air temperature readout is consistently high (5 degrees or more) and on a couple of occasions displayed a temperature of over

25 degrees above the true outside air temperature. When the extremely high temperature was displayed it stayed at the false readout for a few minutes and then descended to a more reasonable temperature only to return to the extremely high readout about 10 minutes later. It then returned to the more reasonable readout again but still high by 5 or 7 degrees. I would like to check the sensor but do not know where it is located.
Reply to
Jack

Shep

Usually it is in the cowling or air intake system for ventilation and it picks up engine heat sometimes.

Reply to
SnoMan

It is behind the front grill. They are not very accurate.

Reply to
noname

When I bought my '96 Bonneville it's temperature was only correct around once every 5 times I drove the car. I went to a local junk yard and for free they gave me a new temp sensor, which was bolted to the front of the car in front of the radiator. If you would like to get a new one instead, I priced them and they were only $20 from a dealer here in Ontario Canada. I just figured that I shouldn't replace it with a new one when the used one works perfect.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Jack