Performance Stats for Baja Turbo

Reply to
Diesel

Your information is wrong. Not sure on the forged pistons, but previous generation WRXs had the same engine as the STi. The "270"/"271"/"276" hp EJ20 Turbo. Only in the latest generations has the WRX gotten a weaker engine to give the STi owners more pristige.

Reply to
JaySee

There are people who are disappointed that the STi gets a 2.5 instead of the traditional 2.0 everywhere else and required in WRC. They want the true heritage. I for one like having a small displacement engine that eats big displacement I/V6 and V8s for lunch.

The WRX with a 2.5 IMO would suck. The driving experience will be completely different. There's something about keeping the turbo spooled and high revving that's like nothing else. If someone wants lots of torque and displacement, they'll go buy a I/V6 or V8. The 2.0 WRX is where it's at and where it will stay. People don't buy sporty cars for "better driveability." Go buy a V6 Honda Accord for that crap. Speaking of Honda... I bet they will lose a portion of sales of the new S2000 thanks to it's 2.2 litre engine with more torque, no more horsepower, and lower redline, not to mention UNDERSTEER. It's not the same beast. It's a tamed, MORE DRIVEABLE, lame duck now. The value of the 2003 models should hold a lot now that Honda has cut off the S2000's balls for 2004.

Reply to
JaySee

???

Uh, yeah, that's what I said.