Problem staring 2000 Outback

Hi: Have problem starting motor: Have to crank the starter various seconds until it gets going, no difference if hot or cold. Once running everything fine. But if I crank starter, say one second, stop and try again then the motor always starts up with no problem, ie: try one second, try again=two seconds to start, if try to start from zero: 4/5 seconds. I'm in Argentina, 1000 miles away from Subaru service. Local mechanic says spark plug, fuel flow fine, has something to do with initial flow of fuel to motor at startup. No computer errors of any sort. Been like this since I purchased second hand a year ago but seems to have gotten slightly worse. Any idea what to check? Thanks Miguel

Reply to
Miguelito

Weak fuel pump maybe? Have they tested fuel preasure after cold start?

Is the gas cap on tightly? (Subarus hate it when it is not)

Check the filter too, maybe they checked the flow before the filter....

Note, your symtoms are common in very cold (below 0 Celsius) weather, so if you are up in the mountains and it is cold it might be part of the problem.

Reply to
.._..