question...awd and spinning tires

Hey, Just a little curious...after changing my front brake pads on my 97 Outback (automatic) I decided to check the rear pads. What I thought was interesting was that after jacking up one side, I could spin the tire freely, and this did not happen when I had one of the front wheels jacked up. Does this make sense? Why?

Thanks, Thomas

Reply to
Thomas Hanno

There is no hydraulic pressure (with the engine off) being applied to the wet clutch pack(center differential) is my thought.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan