Forester Clock Removal

Does anyone have a web reference or info on how to replace the clock in an overhead console in 2002 Forester?

Reply to
jbart221

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:42:59 -0400, jbart221 wrote (in article ):

I can't help with your question, but we have a '99 Forester whose clock died a few months ago. Have you found a replacement for the 2002 that would fit a

1999?
Reply to
John Varela

You guys need to search here and the Subaru Forums - there is a resistor in the Forester clocks (forget which year models) that often needs re-soldering. I think there are good instructions somewhere on the web for that repair - maybe with pics.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Here ya go

HTH

Reply to
5potnoodle

I used regular dinner knife (non-steak) to pry it off. It gets out prtetty easily. It seems that 99% of the time it is one resistor that gets undone. Resolder it and it will be working again. Very easy to do. I can't solder to save my life and the job I've done was ugly as hell yet it still worked.

Here arer the instructions:

DK

Reply to
DK

On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:42:59 -0400, jbart221 wrote (in article ):

Thanks to Spotnoodle and DK.

The other day I finally got around to prying the clock out and, sure enough, reheating the solder joints solved the problem. It was surprisingly easy to remove the clock assembly from the car and disassemble it to get to the solder joints.

Reply to
John Varela