Recommended shocks/tires for '99 Outback wagon?

So the wear bars are showing and the ride's getting a little bouncy. Looks like it's time for new shoes and shocks. Current tires are Michelin M+S, and I've gotten over 50K out of 'em, but they're mighty noisy.

any help?

Bob

Reply to
saabguy85

Try KYB for the struts. (maybe

online or ?) Among the better on-line tire resources is
though a local shop like Discount Tire can often match (or get close) to TR's prices.

Don't discount the possibility that worn tires are causing some vibration. You did say 'bouncy' so likely the struts ARE worn if that is indeed the symptom you feel.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Tires: Toyo Proxes TPT, very good for dry and wet driving, no snow in FL. Make sure the alignment is properly done.

Good luck!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
AS

Thanks for the ideas, guys. Think I'm gonna go with the Yoko AVID for now and see if the ride changes any. Have had these on my old SAAB for the past 12 years and have been really happy with them as far as noise, ride and handling go. Then I think I'll be better able to judge the struts.

Reply to
Psyktek