Question on an odd engine label...

'99 Outback wagon, 2.5L engine.

When I pulled aside the "drain tray" (for lack of a better description) to get a pair of pliers on the radiator drain plug, I noticed a black cylindrical object with the word "ENGINE" stamped on it. Anyone know what this is? Does it simply help the mechanically challenged know that this is the engine and not the transmission?

Bob Just another nice basic flake. (and old fart in training)

International Pipe-raising Day, Feb. 20th

Reply to
Bob Landry

That's the oil filter for the engine.

Reply to