Re: Full size Subaru

Sounds like you're looking for something like the Ford Crown Victoria, or perhaps a Lincoln Town Car. I had a Crown Vic for my first car years ago, an '85 model. Horrid fuel economy, geriatric handling and design, not to mention downright scary in slippery conditions, but it had torque, comfort, and size. The current Vic isn't much different even 20 years later. I can't say that mine was reliable, but it did have 130-160k miles on it while I owned it. However, my Subaru has gone from 108-175k while I've owned it and has cost me mere pennies in repair costs by comparison. On the other hand, if I lived in a warmer climate and had money to cover the repairs and fuel, I'd take another look at the Crown Vic.
-Matt
Hallraker wrote:

Yes. Something along those lines. Except with Subaru the fuel economy would be better, the handling would be much better, the AWD would take care of the traction problems. The main point would be that it is a Subaru instead of a Ford.

Ditto, except mine was an unmarked cop car. Dark green, 60's on all corners, heavy duty suspension, dual exhaust on the 351 with heavy duty transmissions and oil coolers. Handled great for a tank and as long as I had snows on it, I was OK in winter with the posi-rear. Fun car on the highway as everyone got out of the way. Back roads were tough though, everyone in front of me did under the speed limit! 18 mpg *if* I kept it in OD.....kaching!
John