Re: No good deed goes unpunished

New Orleans is a case showing the gimme mentality of many Americans. When the impending storm was announced how many refused to leave believing the government has a duty to care for them.?

On Dec 4, 1:33=A0pm, Hachiroku wrote:ment

I was watching reruns of Top Gear this morning (well, not 'watching'...I > got home ~3 last night, so I was kind of one-eyeing the TV this morning) > and they did this thing where they came to America, and instead of rentin= g > cars, they bought some older cars just shy of beaters and drove them to > New Orleans. First thing that got my attention was one of them saying "We > couldn't believe this kind of devastation would still be apparent a year > after Katrina. In the wealthiest nation in the world, how do you sleep at > night?!" > > But the killer was they had decided to drive to NO and SELL the cars and > see who could get the highest price, but after seeing the place they > decided it wouldn't be right to sell the cars, so they looked up a missio= n > and GAVE the cars away. James What-his-name had an '89 Camaro that was in > decent shape, and as he was describing it to the people that wound up > taking it, he said "Rev counter..not good. Speedo...not good. Fuel > guage...not good. Engine...BRILLIANT, and the transmission too." > > After the segment, in the studio back in England, one of the guys said to > James, "Well, the tape made it look like giv> > "No. A woman came out of the mission and said we had stated the Camaro wa= s > a '90, when actually it was an '89, and that they were going to sue us fo= r > misrepresentation. She said if I gave her $20,000 it could all go away > right now. Moral of the story, you CAN actually buy a car and drive > cheaper than renting, just DON'T DO IT IN AMERICA!"
Reply to
Big Jim

But scenarios sum it up completely.

Reply to
Hachiroku

I don't know. How many? Can you name even one?

Reply to
John Varela

Reply to
Big Jim

"Ashton Crusher" wrote

LOL. Good one.

Did the amount of scam type lawsuits go up after lawyers were allowed to advertise on tv and radio?

Econo-cars

Reply to
Econo-cars

Reply to
John Varela

I've never seen any statistics. I think it's made it much easier for them to find "victims" for class action lawsuits.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher