Re: Tire load

this table http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/airpress_loadadj_Tspeed.jsp
shows ZERO change in Tire Load Capacity at the speeds above 100mph. If you read my original post (you did that at least once, right, funny guy?) you would see that the discussion is for winter rubber (which is typically rated Q for the hardcore and so on, usually ending up somewhere in the laidback winter T territory in case you haven't been paying attention)
but, then, there is always an opportunity for the next stand up comedian wannabe to practice his clown act on the wide fields of the usenet.
now lets try alt.autos.subaru now that the group haven't seen a tire thread in a while :)

I certainly can't speak to a lot about tires, and even less about winter driving, but you can find multiple pictures of vehicles on the track or autoX-ing that are making a turn and have one, maybe both, inside tires in the air. For those few milliseconds, all the vectored forces are on 2 tires - and those forces are 'almost' rolling the tire off the rim!
Most engineers derate their designs. And for tires, they have to consider what forces it could survive under the worst circumstances - 7 years old, worn to the wear bars and improperly inflated in -40 OR 115degreeF weather. What a new, properly inflated/maintained tire can SURVIVE is a lot different than 'recommended use'.
On 11/21/2011 05:37 AM, 1 Lucky Texan wrote: <snip>

if this guy can read an article from tire rack, which is aimed pretty danged low, and still fail to understand, then i think we're wasting our time.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

I think I know the type: the one who tries to shuffle incompetence under the mask condescending remarks. Any other houses of cards you want to show me? Lets discuss the likelyhood of honda offering a Fit with a turbodiesel in the states hoping that VW marketing missed something. Do you still want to humor me?
On 11/22/2011 11:05 PM, AD wrote:

your post was just chicken little nonsense. either you knew that and are pissed that people aren't playing your little game. or you didn't but are having a problem with learning something new.

sure, go ahead and share what you think you know. but don't bother if you just want to speculate or rumor.
--
nomina rutrum rutrum

[some nonsense snipped]

I know (for a fact) that the majority of the americans does not buy diesels. thusly Introducing 'em (diesels) anywhere south of the premium segment is a suicidal act and you seem to have a problem with the ways of the universe on your side of the pond.
Your countrymen do not like tractors. there won't be a subcompact turbodiesel offered for sale this decade in the US, get used to it.

That's what I paid for my XI2 set in 2011. coming from subaru 5sp+awd I have serious doubts in torsen snow handling prowess and, thusly, decided to have tires with a known good "plowing through the snow" capability
though i must say handling of packed dirt on a hill incline (unpleasantly) surprised me: I was spinning wheels with no water (snow or ice) in sight. That's at around 40-45F
i'm not surprised audi is ditching torsen on 2012 A4: i guess its cheaper for them than to propagate active rear diff from S5 throughout the rest of the lineup. Sigh.