Re: wind noise 1st gen legacy/liberty

Ever early generation Leagcy that I have owned has had this problem. What happens is; over time (and the window rolling up and down so many times) the rubber that is on both sides of the window (by the mirror) becomes a little fatigued - 'stretched out' so to speak.

Follow these steps to reduce this problem.

-Roll down the window completly

-Carefully remove the plastic cover

-In the area where the window rolls up into, squeeze the rubber edges together as best you can so that you refresh the seal.

-While you have the palstic cover off, be sure to check the mounting screws for the mirror for tightness. Believe it or not, if they are loose, it lets the air whistle in and noise as well!

-Replace plastic cover.

Daryl

Hi Paul! > > > > >Hi all, > >I have a 1990 Legacy/Liberty wagon. When driving at speeds above 50km/hr a > >noticable wind noise originates from near the side-view mirrors on either > >side of the car. The door rubbers seem to be in good condition. Has anyone > >else had this problem? What have you done to solve it? > > Ours does it too; most annoying. I don't have an answer for you, but > if you _do_ find a cure I'd love to hear about it. Oh, the plastic > cover Craig mentions does muffle the wind noise a bit, but it doesn't > eliminate it, at least not on our '93 Legacy sedan. > > ByeBye! S. > > Steve Jernigan KG0MB > Laboratory Manager > Microelectronics Research > University of Colorado > (719) 262-3101
Reply to
Daryl Cherry