camry 03 XLE V6 computer thrashing

Strange happening when I clicked the remote control unlock. The computer started going through all of its items in a sequence. The locks went through lock an unlock. It whistled and the lights also went through all possible conditions. The trunk unlocked and the lock clacked. Nothing I could do to stop it including starting the engine. Finally, I disconnected the battery. When I reconnected the battery it must have reset the computer because everything worked after that. has anyone seen anything like this? Is there a reset button anywhere on board? It has not happened since. I hope it does not happen again. Lou

Reply to
lou

Maybe it is using Microsoft Windows as its operating system and got infected with the MSBlaster virus.

But seriously, have it checked up by the dealer and replace it before the warrenty runs out.

Reply to
Godzilla

My 2003 Camry has stalled out while driving, it does it under no particular comditions, had o be towed in. The first time it stalled it had 28 miles, than again at 1,400 miles. It's at the dealership and Toyota says it's got a bad onboard computer.However, when Toyota was about to ship a new computer to the dealer they found that "IT," (the replacement ) was bad also.Seems to be come computer problems arising with the 03's. Needless to sy I'm not feeling good about this car at all.

Reply to
erdavis

Assuming you're in the US, the law in most states (if not all) entitles you to get your full purchase money back if a persistent problem in your car cannot be corrected after 3 trials (I believe) and your car is still under 12,000 miles and less than one year old.

Consult your warranty booklet that came with the car.

--Ibrahim

Reply to
Ibrahim