Brake and clutch pedal covers on '02 WRX

I managed to get chewing gum on the pedal covers of my "Rex". Instead of spending time upside down under the dash cleaning them off the old fashioned way, I'd like to remove them and take them inside for a trip through the dishwasher. Don't worry, I'm single.

The service manual seems to show that the pedal covers are removable, but I don't want to damage them while trying to get them off.

Has anybody here got any information about if and how the covers come off?

Jim

Reply to
James Meyer

Yuck...I've stepped in gum a few times, and been lucky enough to notice before getting in the car.

No idea on how to remove pedals, but have you considered bagging them in ice, and then scraping/pulling the hardened gum off? That's how they recommend doing clothing, upholstery, etc.

Reply to
CompUser

There is a product, something like GooGone (or similar) which can remove gum. Check this

LB

GooGone is definetely the best thing to go for. I bought my WRX from a guy who managed to get gum all over the carpet floor mat. GooGone took it right out--took maybe 20 mins to get it all loose.

Reply to
superfrog