Intermittent Passlock prob. with remote start

Once in a great while, maybe every 20 starts, the remote start (Audiovox Prestige APS-785) will fail, and the factory "Security" indicator on the dash will flash. I can clear this by leaving the truck sit for 10 minutes; not a huge deal, except that it usually happens at the worst possible time - I was late to work again. Anyone have experience fixing passlock problems on Chevy trucks? This is a

1999 Tahoe. Remote start/alarm control module has been replaced due to a problem with a door lock signal. All other remote wiring/parts were left intact. All other new parts besides the control module are still in the box, so I guess there may be other parts that can be swapped out. No-start problem existed before and after replacing the control module. I am not very familiar with the passlock disabling mechanism of the remote/alarm system, only that it works most of the time.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

Reply to
ejpren

Well, if you aren't too sure what to do or how to do it, I'm not sure if I can help. Simply you either have a bad bypass or bad PK2 system. When it locks you out, does this happen when you try to start it with the key or when using the RS?

Reply to
ponchonutty