Remote Starter installation - 2005 Outback XT Ltd

Total newbie to the subaru world. If you are familiar with this car, tips are welcome in general.

Just decided to purchase a 2005 Subaru Outback XT Ltd Wagon in a used ( make that barely-used, 3500+ miles ) condition. Will take delivery in the next couple of days.

I'm thinking of getting an auto-start/remote-start unit put in for cold-weather's sake. As far as I can tell, the manufacturer doesn't seem to sell alarm units with this capability. Does anybody know of any good third-party units ( two-way or otherwise ) that go well with this car? I would actually prefer a remote-start unit that does not have any alarm functionality or minimal alarm features that can be possibly disabled ( I happen to think alarms are more of a public nuisance than helpful for the purpose they supposedly serve )

Has anybody done it on this or a similar car? Is it hairy enough to warrant professional installation?

I remember seeing resources on the internet that help you do the same for my other car, which is a BMW. Do you know of any similar resources on the Internet for Subarus ?

Thanks in advance, folks!

Reply to
Vuestra Merced

well once you can do remote start, you can do no start so alarm is a freebie. Many alarms that come from factory now are 'passive' anti-theft which means they dont sound horn or have siren, but they prevent car from being started one way or another.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert