Replacement tires for Outback

Has anyone replaced tires on an Outback recently? Seeking experiences and advice. Yokohama Avid 4S looks like a good tire, but I';d like to know how they handle in terms of cornering and wet weather. In Winter I run snow tires. Thanks in advance.... Mark

Reply to
Mark Bergman

You didn't say what year OB. If post-99 (16" wheels), then choices open up considerably.

Gene Goldenfeld

Reply to
Gene Goldenfeld

Reply to
Mark Bergman

Mark;

I have no experience with the Yokohama Avid 4S tire but I had a set of Michelin HydroEdge tires installed a couple of weeks ago on my 97 OBW. During some recent heavy spring rain, I had a chance to test them out and was very impressed. They have great wet traction and cornered like the road was dry. They truly do perform like their commercial.

You may want to consider them if your'e not committed to the Yokohama Avid 4S.

P.S. - I too drive on dedicated winter tires, Michelin Artic Alpins.

Reply to
Ken MacDonald
[posted and mailed]

"Mark Bergman" wrote in news:Kzthc.2084 $ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

If you haven't been to this site it's worth a look:

The have user reviews and also do their own test on their private track! Lots of information available.

Reply to
Fuzzy Logic

Yes, since last Fall there have been a lot of reports filed about the Yoko and other tires that you could use. Like I suggested, with 16" wheels, I think you have some better choices than the Yoko.

Gene

Reply to
Gene Goldenfeld

Reply to