Rubbing noise when turning right

1997 Subaru Outback wagon. ~80K.

When I turn right sharply at any speed over 10 mph, I hear a rubbing or scraping kind of noise from the left rear wheel area. When I straighten out, the noise disappears.

Have not noticed same when turning left.

Visual inspection reveals nothing out of the ordinary.

Ideas? Thanks in advance....

Reply to
Paul S.

Most likely the brake pads rubbing, how much pad do you have left? If that is 80k miles then it is time for a brake job (skim disks and new pads front and rear). Could also be a bearing. Get the runout checked when you do the brakes.

Cheers.

Pete D

Reply to
Pete D

Make sure you don't have a broken spring, there was a recall on this and sometimes the broken spring would rub on a tire....bad enough to cause a blow out. TG

Reply to
TG