Snuglid for Baja

Hi, Does anyone have the snuglid for the Baja..What are your opinions, how hard is it to install..Also does anybody know anyother manufactors of lids that will fit the Baja Thanks Marc

Reply to
User705459

I keep hoping that -

will produce a hard cap in addition to the topper they currently have. The local dealer quoted a price in the mid $1300's for the topper. They had no stock so I couldn't take a look at the quality. The topper is susposedly built on the the 4ARE Z-series product line. They also said that the topper mounted without drilling any holes in the body.

I've heard that the snuglid does require holes to be drilled. Anyone else out there with prices or experience with these products?

Thanks -

Reply to
Tom B.

Howdy,

My Subie dealer told me the SnugLid would run around $1100 installed. I eventually found one on the Internet at a bargain price. However, in shipping it looks like something slammed into the box and hence the lid was punctured. I have pics from before it was shipped, so am certain the damage happened in transit. The break is about two inches long and the paint crackled out roughly four to six inches around the break. Thus I've filed a claim with the transport company and am waiting on them at this point. So with that in mind, I own a SnugLid for the Baja but haven't yet installed it due to the damage.

First, the Snuglid does NOT require holes to be drilled (maybe you were thinking of the vinyl cover offered by Subaru?). There's a metal rail that attaches to each side of the bed using three screws each that hold in the bed liner. The lid simply is set down into a bracket on the rail and secured with a thumb screw. Since I haven't actually installed it yet I can't say for certain, but it appears very easy to put on. Most of the prep work work could be done by one person, but I'd want some help lifting the lid into place. Excluding the damage mentioned above, I would rate the overall quality as meeting or slightly exceeding my expectations of the product.

Later, tShell

Reply to
tshell