Spark Plugs

Has anyone every changed spark plugs on a 2005 Subaru Forest 2.5 4cyl? Look really tight in there around the drivers side.

Do the spark plugs really need to be changed after 30,000 miles?

Subaru

Reply to
nrs2001

Not as difficult as it looks. Remove air intake plumbing on passengers side. Move washer bottle on drivers side. Tools I use were a 3/8 inch flex head spark plug socket with an insert, 3/8 short ratchet and a 3 or 4 inch extension. Tighten torque is only 15 +/- 2 foot pounds so don't over do it. Figure about 1 hour the first time and 1/2 for later times. Mine looked very good at 30,000 miles but, do it anyway or have it done. I used NGK standard plugs.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

Reply to
nrs2001