Sparkplug removal ?

Hello,

I have a '99 outback with the 2.5l engine. It takes quite an effort to remove the spark plugs on this car because there is so little room between the heads and the fenders. I first have to fish in the scoket, then the extension, and then the ratchet wrench. After a few partial turns the ratchet hits the fender. It took me well over and hour to remove 4 sparkplugs. I really need to find a ratchet that is thinner than the Sears Craftsmen tools I use. My question is what do other folks use? How long does it take you? I really wonder how they remove them at the dealer. Anyone know if they use a special tool? Is there a flexible socket extenion I could use?

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick Lamendola

Nick, you need a u-joint socket extension. I think I use both that and a 1" extension to make it work.

Reply to
BobN