Aztec battery replacement

I had to do this (subject line) at work today and thought I'd post it for the heck of it (and for the groups.google archive) It was a 2001 model but that shouldn't matter.

It's about a 20 minute job with the RIGHT tools.

  1. Use 10mm ratcheting box wrench to detach fuse block from fender, then "move" it a little out of the way.
  2. Use 3/8" drive air-ratchet with 12" extension and both a 13mm swivel socket and 10mm swivel socket to remove the strut tower brace bolts.
  3. Use the above, with the 13mm, to remove battery hold down bolt and wedge.
  4. Use 5/16" ratcheting box wrench to remove battery cable terminal bolts from battery.
  5. Carefully using both hands, tilt inner (closer to engine) edge of battery up at about a 30 to 45 degree angle, then remove battery.

Reverse to install. (never TIGHTen things with an air-ratchet, though ;-) )

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

What No Battery Strap for a simple lift up & out !!

Sheeshhhhhhh.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~296,785 miles_~_~_

~~~The Former Fleet ~~~

Harry Face

Next time you find an unlocked Aztek, have a look. GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh