Stalling problem

I have stalling problem with 90 legacy-- You drive car for about 3 miles, park it and then get going again after 30-40 minutes parked--- within
1/2 to 1 mile car will srart starving for fuel, start hesitating or revving very rough and then stall out-- happens on acceleration from low speed or slowing down for a stop sign etc. or making a normal turn-- dangerous situation- everyone has given up on this so far. Have changed all the plugs and the coil Pak. CEL is not on. Other than this intermittent problem the car runs smooth as silk-- 145K miles.
I had that problem years ago in a VW Rabbit.....turned out to be a fuel pump.
-Yes -this has been suggested by a few of the techs and it seems to be reasonable, but the pressure and flow repeatedly checks out OK. - Some of them have told me that the FP either totally works or it doesn't- in other words it can't be an intermittant problem- I don't know if I can agree with that but they're supposed to know a lot more about this than me! This is really a difficult and potentially dangerous problem.The dilemma is to spend an awful lot of money on a FP and find out that the condition still exists-- most of us have been in that lousy situation before.

Have you checked the Oxygen Sensor?... Not sure if symptoms are different in a Subaru, but I had an Accord that used to "die" like that, and it happened more often in warmer weather..... Changed out the O2 sensor and all was fixed.
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I have stalling&nbsp; problem with 90 legacy-- You drive car for about </FONT></FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>3<BR>miles, park it and then get going again after 30-40 minutes parked--- within<BR>1/2 to 1 mile car will srart starving for fuel, start hesitating or revving<BR>very rough and then stall out-- happens on acceleration from low speed or<BR>slowing down for a stop sign etc. or making a normal turn-- dangerous<BR>situation- everyone has given up on this so far. Have changed all the plugs<BR>and the coil Pak. CEL is not on. Other than this intermittent problem the<BR>car runs smooth as silk-- 145K miles.</FONT><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></BODY></HTML>
------=
Totally, O2 sensor.
Judging by the number of times it comes up in this group, that should be the FIRST guess.