Subaru Air Control Valve

I am trying to find where the Air Control Value is located on a 1991 Legacy.

I have not been able to find a picture or an explaination where the Air Control valve is located so I can troubleshoot the valve.

Does anyone know where it is?

Thanks in Advance

Reply to
research_stuff

Not sure myself but on a 91 XT6 it is bolted to the intake manifold just to the left of the throttle body. Look at the air cleaner housing and the air intake tube. Looking for a hose about 1" in diameter. This hose will lead you to the air control valve. This valve picks up air somewhere between the air filter and throttle body. Air then enters the intake manifold somewhere downstream of the throttle body.

Reply to
johninKY