remove Forester front rotors

Do I need to remove the nut on the end of the axle to get the front brake rotors off my 2001 Forester S model? I can't get the rotors to budge and they sure feel warped at 85000 miles. I did smack a curb sideways and had to have the rear struts replaced. Any tips would help! Thanks, ltcmarcpaul

Reply to
lithium56

No.

Probably didn't notice the 2 screws holding the rotor to the hub.

If you can't get them out, just drill them. Not really needed.

Reply to
johninKY

This is the same exact setup on 90% of the cars on the road today. He is correct, if they strip out..drill the heads off, do not replace them. Common belief is they hold the disk in place during assembly of the front end.

Reply to
Porgy Tirebiter

The screws aren't there. I can't get these rotors to move at all. I've tried Liquid Wrench around the hub and each stud -- nothing. The replacement rotors I got are flat around the center hole. The ones on the car look like the flange that protudes might be part of the rotor... I'm stuck (no pun intended)

Reply to
lithium56

Put bolts that fit the holes & threads in those two holes, and turn em in...that will act like a gear puller to draw the rotor off the hub.

Reply to
CompUser

It looks like they were drilled out but I will try it and let you know. Thank you!!

Reply to
lithium56