Subaru of America Stands By Its Products

I have an 04 OBW LL Bean. It now has about 72K miles on it. About two years ago, while still under 36K, the battery leaked. It was replaced under warranty. Almost two years later, the new battery leaked (hey-stuff happens. I just got unlucky). The dealer (a different dealer than the one who replaced the battery) said sorry, the Subaru Batteries are only waranteed for a year.

Anyway, I call SoA and explain the situation, and state that I am very disappointed. They say, yes, they are only covered for a year, but send in the receipts, and they'll see what they can do.

Here's what they did- they sent me a check for the full amount of the repair. $122+ Included labor and all parts (new hold-down, cable, etc.)

As it happens, I plan to trade in this car fr another one in the spring. It will be a Subaru again (Legacy GT this time)

Reply to
Owlyn

I'm very happy to report that both my Protege and the Outback zerosport have plastic screws on the battery tops to allow topping the batteris off with distilled water. Very handy in hot summer. Looks like the maintenance "free" batteris are where the pogo sticks are now (in prius that is). Looks like both manufacturers have sent the idiot custumers who demanded those fad items to Toyota. Good riddance!

Reply to
Body Roll

Yay.

Reply to