Subaru security system

Hi

I have a subaru antitheft system installed on my new impreza. I think it is an older system. The remote has a blue button on the side, does any body know what this button is for? The system came with a piece of paper that mentions nothing about it and the dealer has no idea what it is for.

It seems to work like the lock or unlock button, but i think it might have a more interesting purpose than that because the position where the button is makes me think that it should only be pressed in an emergency or something.

I can post a picture if u like.

Reply to
!!bogus

If it's the only button on the unit, it's most likely the programming button used - among other things - to "bind" remotes to the specific control unit.

florian

Reply to
Florian Feuser |FFF|