Re: VDC Light in Subaru Outbacks

Hmm, interesting to note the cause of the fault. Missed your original post and would have replied otherwise.

I have a 2001 Outback VDC and used to have the "VDC Off", "ABS" and "Check Engine" light come on in some combination or other over the first year with the car. Worked closely with dealer and Subaru of America over the period of 2 months and they eventually tracked it down to bad logic on the computer which controls the VDC system. Once they upgraded it, problems went away.

All of this was back in 2001 when I first had the car. I posted detailed info on this back then.

Cheers.

I had an earlier posting where we were constantly getting the VDC light > coming on only when my wife drove the 2002 Subaru Outback H6-3.0 VDC. It > finally started to come on for me when the car was outdoors in cold > temperature. Once the car warmed up, the problem disappeared. > > After much time with the dealer - who was trying very hard to reproduce it, > it appears to have been fixed. > > Inside the passenger compartment is one of the cables that is associated > with the VDC. As described to me, the repair tech was actually able to pull > the wire from the pins that push into the connector with barely a touch. > When the interior of the car was cold, they did not make good contact. As > the car warmed up (or was driven differently / seat in a different > location), the pins and wires may or may not have made adequate contact. > Once the dealer "crimped" these on tighter (pins are wierd so crimping is > not quite right) several months ago, the problem has totally disappeared. > > Unfortunately, I cannot describe better where the connector is. However, if > you have this problem, you might contact Valley Nissan Subaru in Longmont CO > (303-776-0443 - Service Dept) for further details on the problem solution. > > > > x-- 100 Proof News -
x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
Reply to
Paul Chan

Had the same problem with my Ford Explorer (which has since been replaced by an Outback). After the rare times my wife used my Explorer the air bag light would stay on. After having the dealer fix it twice $$$ I realized it had to do with the seat position she used (wires and connections under driver's seat). I'll keep this in mind for the Outback

Scott Portsmouth, NH

Reply to
Scott Sulley