Suddenly Keyless Entry no longer flashes parking lights? Huh?

Ever since my '97 LOBW was in the dealer for service, the keyless entry no longer flashes the parking lights (or was it the turn signals?)like it always did. Is this an "option" which I can turn back on?

And, hey, my horn has never tooted when using the keyless entry. Can it also be activated?

How 'bout the Legacy Four Wheel Toaster-Oven?

Reply to
Winifried Carbunkle

Did you ask the dealer? If not, why not?

Reply to
Don Nickell

I personally hope not. My wife and I constantly gripe to each other every time we hear someone's blasted horn chirp when they lock or unlock their cars. I think it is one of the dumbest, most inconsiderate setups currently added to cars as a "feature." Why do you have to tell everyone else in hearing distance that you have a "feature?" It is rude, IMO. Noise pollution under the guise of "extra equipment." No one who drives is doing so blind, right? So we know you can SEE if the lights flash. No one else needs to hear this interruption to whatever peace they might otherwise be enjoying. That's my narrow opinion, anyway!! Sorry to unload it on you, but this silly "feature" has no basis for existence other than stupid pride that I can see. "Hey, everyone! Look! MY car horn isn't just a safety device for signaling other drivers! I can make it intrude on your ears everywhere I go!!!!" Personally, we have always been HAPPY that our Foresters do NOT sound the horn when locking/unlocking. Okay, I will shut up now. I feel quite a bit better finally getting to "sound off" about this.

Reply to
D H

My Forester (2003) doesn't sound the horn either when I arm/disarm the alarm. It has a separate electr BUZZER CHIRP 1) Press UNLOCK once ON/OFF 2) Press BOTH for 2 sec

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

Thing is, Dan, the original poster said he had a 97 LOBW. Ours are 99 Foresters, and ours don't say anything about this as yours do. There is no option on ours that I know of. (And I'm glad of it.) Foresters that have the security system (ours don't, yours does, I assume) might be different also, as may the systems in other countries. (I'm in USA) Best advice was given by Don Nickell: ask your dealer.

Reply to
D H

The only time I like the beep is when coming back home after a week and not remembering where my car is parked at the 5 story airport parking lot. It's saved me lots of shoe leather several times. There are beeps and there are BEEEEEPPPPPEEEESSSS. Luckly my other cars (Porsche) have always been quick beepers, and it's just noticable. Our current 2003 Outback and Baja are silent, except for the panic mode.

I understand in NYC people with beep-lock cars have them defeated because it alerts car thieves that you are going to be gone for a while. Just what my son-in-law that lives there sez.

Reply to
Don Nickell